From exploring colourful ancient woodland to enjoying leisurely bike rides, there’s plenty to see and do at this time of year in the Forest of Dean – and Whitemead Forest Park offers the perfect base to get away from it all.
With cosy woodland lodges, snug cabins – many with their own hot tub – and glamping pods with underfloor heating, Whitemead is the ideal autumn hideaway.
There’s lots to do around the area, but plenty of facilities on site too. So, whether you’re looking to get out and about or just want to kick back and relax, everything’s on your doorstep. We have direct access to forest walks and cycle routes, an on-site shop, a takeaway food and drinks service and a range of beauty treatments at the Fern Beauty and Spa.
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE GUARANTEE
Book your next holiday with us safe in the knowledge that, if the date needs to change, you
can move it for free.
These extraordinary circumstances make it difficult to commit to future holiday plans, but that doesn’t have to stop us looking forward to when we can go on holiday again. Our book with confidence guarantee means that if you’d like to plan your next holiday, we’ll hold the date for you. If things change in the meantime, such as needing to self isolate or a localised lock down and you need to change it, we’ll hold your deposit or move your break free of charge. This guarantee applies to all our properties.
However, if the park needs to close due to a local or national lockdown we’ll provide you with the additional options of holding the price of your booking as credit on your account or a full refund.
Terms and conditions: Bookings are free to change up to 14 days before arrival at Whitemead Forest Park. Offer valid on bookings made up until 31 March 2021 for stays up until the end of 2021, and bookings can be moved to a new date up until 31 December 2021. If the price of your new booking is higher, you will need to pay the difference. If the new price is lower we will refund the difference. If something unforeseen occurs – such as a requirement to self-isolate or a localised lockdown – we will extend the 14-day period of our book with confidence guarantee right up until the day of your arrival.
Boundless members can save up to 20% on these prices. Not yet a member? Find out more about Boundless and join today.
October half term
Join us for a fun-filled stay this half term – the little ones will be in their element with our outdoor play areas and activities including, pumpkin carving and archery. (Please note we will be running a limited activity programme).
Hurry, we only have the weekend of 23 – 26 October remaining! Premier Apartments are available from £354 for up to six people.
Boundless members can save up to 20 per cent.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) latest updates
We’re currently able to offer our guests the following:
- Self-contained, self-catering accommodation
- Takeaway food and drinks service
- Outdoor children’s play areas
- Pre-bookable hamper service
- Fully stocked on-site shop
- Direct access to forest walks and cycle routes
- Virtual and socially distanced guest query service to answer all your questions
- Shower-block facilities with very strict social-distancing measures in place
- On-site beauty salon, The Fern Beauty & Spa.
- Limited socially distanced bar and restaurant (table service only)
However, our indoor children’s play areas are remaining closed and there are no on-site activities or evening entertainment (apart from a limited activity programme during October half term). These facilities will stay closed until we are 100 per cent satisfied that it’s safe to open these to our guests.
As government guidance and restrictions in this area remain unchanged, and with regional lockdowns and virus cases on the rise, we have made the decision to extend the closure of our swimming pool and other leisure facilities for the remainder of 2020. With the safety of our guests in mind, we’re taking a cautious approach over the reopening of our swimming pool and we will only reopen our facilities when we’re completely satisfied we can operate safely and to a level of service that fully satisfies our guests’ expectations. This includes making sure we’re able to provide access to our leisure facilities to all our on-site guests for a reasonable amount of time during their stay, which is something we’re currently unable to do.
Due to the reduced facilities we will unfortunately be unable to accommodate day guests for the time being.
Cleaning and safety
We’re focusing on two key aspects of safety to combat the COVID-19 pandemic – improved hygiene and social distancing. We want to reassure our guests and our team that we’ve taken every measure possible to help keep everyone safe, while not losing sight of what we love to do every day.
- Hand sanitiser is available around the park in high-risk areas, and at points where hand washing is not practical.
- We’ve increased cleaning around ‘touch points’ such as doors, handles, switches etc and our housekeeping team are working hard to ensure all areas are kept clean and regularly sanitised.
- Increased regular hand washing has become the norm and our team are all adhering to this before, during and after their shifts.
- Social-distancing restrictions will need be complied with and signs to this effect have been installed in all our public buildings. We ask that all guests are respectful to others during their stay and make sure they keep to recommended social guidelines.
- We ask guests to wear a mask or face covering when entering any of our public buildings in line with government advice.
- All areas of the park underwent a thorough deep-clean before reopening, cleaning schedules have been rewritten and sanitiser stations have been installed.
Eating and drinking
- Our shop is open every day with extended opening hours.
- We’ve increased the range of products we stock in our shop and expanded our range of fresh offerings.
- We’ve improved our welcome hampers – these are available to book and will be sanitised, ready and waiting in your accommodation for your arrival.
- Our takeaway food service has been extended and is available every day from 8.30am, from breakfast through lunchtime and into the evening.
- We’re still offering takeaway tea and coffee, plus sandwiches, cakes and salads – these are all available to grab and go from the counter.
- We are able to offer a limited socially distanced bar & restaurant(table service only).
As announced by the government, from Thursday 24 September hospitality venues including bars and restaurants will need to close by 10pm. As a result, the opening times of our Foresters Bar and Restaurant will be from 8.30am – 10pm, with last orders being called at 9.30pm. We will also only be offering table service until further notice. Please keep an eye on this page for the most up-to-date information.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
Please call us on 03301 230374 if you have any questions
For full information on our Covid-19 updates click here >